Tuesday, December 13, 2011

IMS Long Beach and a Night Ticket Save

We had a busy weekend at IMS Long Beach with our dealers Legal Speeding and 6th Gear Racing Apparel.

Legal Speeding debuted their new H.A.R.D. System, which is an in-helmet LED warning system.  We teamed up with Legal Speeding in developing their new H.A.R.D. System and you'll notice that it looks a lot like our Wireless Headset.  The new H.A.R.D. System is now compatible with our TPX Radar and Laser Detection System and waterproof as well.

Over at 6th Gear, they had our new GlowRider Jacket on display.  The jacket generated a lot of buzz and we had several magazine editors waiting to get their hands on one to try out themselves.

The show was a three day show and in a rare occurrence, I was able to ride to the show on Saturday.  After the show on Saturday, I grabbed dinner with Legal Speeding and headed home around 11PM.  Traffic was very light initially on the 405 and I was moving at a pretty good pace.  The traffic got a bit heavy around LAX and I dropped my speed to about 85mph.  A few miles past the airport the trusty TPX Detector started going off on Ka band.  Since I was the fastest moving vehicle on the road, I immediately dropped my speed to the flow of traffic, around 70mph.  I scanned around trying to locate the threat but couldn't really do it because it was at night.  The Ka band followed me until right past the 10, then a CHP cruiser went zooming by me.  I'm not sure if the CHP was following me this whole time or just coming up behind me, but had I continued at my pace of being the fastest vehicle, I'm pretty sure that he or she would've come after me.  Thankfully, I had my TPX Detector and I got home without a ticket.

We've got a few more IMS until Spring, and keep an eye out open for us and come check out the GlowRider Jacket!

No comments: