Monday, May 10, 2010

Myrtle Beach Bike Weeks and Americade

Originally posted 6/17/2008

Man, has it been hectic here at Adaptiv! We were at the two Myrtle Beach bike weeks last month and at Americade earlier this month. Got a lot of riding done going to the events and had fun doing it.

I took the SV down to Myrtle Beach and caught the end of the first bike week, the "cruiser" bike week. The weather was great and got to meet a lot of nice folks, and showed quite a few folks how the
TPX works as I had several people checking it out as they walked by the bike.

The following week was the "sport" bike week, and we were at the East Coast Custom Bike Show at the Convention Center. The show had a great turnout and the weather held up for this outdoor event. Best part is that I got to meet one of the biggest names in stunt riding and host of the show Super Bikes, Jason Britton!


Me and Jason!

I had fun at both bike weeks, especially hanging out and talking to everyone. One crazy stat from the Myrtle Beach Bike Weeks: 3,000 tickets issued in the first week. Although I don't know how many tickets were issued for the second week, I wouldn't be surprised if twice that number of tickets got issued as I saw cops pulling people over left and right.

And speaking of tickets, I'm glad to report that I didn't receive one of the tickets issued over the two weeks. 1,664 miles for the two weeks and ticket free, thanks to the
TPX.

After a week of resting up, we were on the road again. This time, Americade in beautiful Lake George, NY. The ride was short, relatively speaking, and scenic. We partnered up with two of our dealers there, Twisted Throttle and CycleGadgets. Unfortunately for me, I was so busy that I didn't get a chance to go on any of the rides, but still had a great time interacting with the people at the show.

Tally for Americade: 432 miles and again, no ticket!


Me, my SV, and the Twisted crew.


CycleGadgets' booth and their gadget filled Gold Wing, with the TPX on it!

No comments: